Tuesday, January 12, 2010

oooooh, designer

I'm in the process of getting set-up as a designer on Ravelry, where I can upload the pretty PDF files of my patterns. Here's the sad version of my first one for now! The pattern has not been tested, so use at your own risk!!

Clown-y Mittens

When my daughter needed a new pair of mittens, I let her into my stash to choose her yarn. She chose a brightly colored handspun, named“Taking Out the Clowns” because it is murderously bright. When she chose this yarn, she also stipulated that blue must be at the tips of the fingers. But the only way I could ensure that was by knitting them “backwards” from all the patterns I could find.

So I made it up as I went along.

Size: about 4 year old size. (wrist ~5 inches)

Yarn: My hand spun BFL, approximately fingering weight.

Gauge: 30 stitches = 10 cm

Needles: US 1 (2.25 mm), US0 (2mm)


Here is a link to the pattern page on Ravelry
where you may download the PDF for free


No comments: