I have made quite a few batches of soap so far, and was inspired to join in on the Soap Challenge Club fun over at Great Cakes Soapworks. This month's challenge was combed soap. As I said, I'm new to soaping, and I'm especially new to colorants in my soap. I've had a few, *ahem* learning experiments, shall we say. My first try at coloring soap ended with a soap with three variations on the same tan. My second attempt was OK. But the third, oh, the third was supposed to be a nice Christmasy Red and Green. It ended up orange and purple!! Lessons learned, research completed, new colorants ordered for the challenge!
J (and S) so nicely documented the process for me. Excuse the ridiculously messy counters in the background. I decided soaping was more important than cleaning (which I did do after the soaping fun was completed!) Plus, I ended up using the end of a couple of bottles of oils, so those somehow ended up in the pics too. Also, excuse the messy hair. (That's a story for a different blog, that has nothing to do with crafting and everything to do with the fact that I was not allowed to get my head wet for 12 days!) J seems to think every pic of something I'm doing needs to include the actual person doing said thing.
Then the soap had to sit for a day. Once the soap had set up a bit, I could pull it out of the mold and cut it. Here's the result: